Boots on the Ground is a family ministry comprised of men, women and children. We team up to provide help in preventing possible hazardous situations in the homes of the elderly, disabled, and poor.
When you join our team, you can sign up for our email list to receive weekly emails for each area that you are interested in serving with and praying for.
BOG has multiple service opportunities broken up into different teams. Each team focuses on a different part of the ministry. After receiving an email you are interested in helping with email us back and let us know you plan on joining us that week. We will then get back to you with more information.
The jobs average 2-3 hours with us trying to stop at 4 hours no matter what. You can come help on a Saturday and be headed home by 11:30 am. We ask that you commit to team up with us at least once a month if you can for a couple of hours.
- Kairos – The mission of the KAIROS PRISON MINISTRY is to share the transforming love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ to impact the hearts and lives of incarcerated men, women and youth, as well as their families, to become loving and productive citizens of their communities.
- Yards for the Disabled – The Mission of this ministry is to bless the elderly and disabled by mowing their grass at least twice a month and praying for them as we serve.
- Beds 4 Kids – The mission of this ministry is to work with the Noah Project and the CPS Care Portal. We want to provide a bed for any child who doesn’t have one. You can help by assisting us in putting these together. No special skills needed.
- Donations Ministry – We have a great calling to support those in need. We pick up donations and then give them away to those in need. We try hard to help others coming out of programs such as the Noah Project, New Beginnings, Hope Haven and others by making their transition easier as we donate needed items. You don’t need a truck, just a willing heart to help those that have a truck.
- Pregnancy Resources Team – This is a twofold ministry. One Thursday a month we get together and pray over the staff and the building. This is 45 minutes of awesome intercession for those that serve mothers, fathers, and babies so faithfully. The second half of this ministry is to go once a month on a Saturday morning and clean, sanitize toys, change light bulbs and do minor yard work around PRA.
- Cooking Team – This is a team that serves those who are serving and the community around them. Hamburgers, hot dogs and sides are the norm as this team uses their hearts to literally “feed the hungry” during other ministry opportunities that are going on.
- Ramp Build Teams – We have three types of ramp teams they are the Women’s ramp team the Challenge team, and the one’s that everyone is invited to. These teams serve those with mobility issues to get in and out of their house by building a wheelchair ramp. No experience necessary.
- Anti-slip Team Follow-up Team – This team follows behind the ramp teams a couple of weeks later and paints the floor of the ramps with a non-skid material to make them safer. This is a great opportunity to pray for those that we have already served if you feel led.
- Ramp Pre-Fab Team – This team meets at one of two warehouses to put the frame for the ramps together prior to a ramp. This is usually a 2-hour project that is a great time of fellowship. We have some team members that come out just to write bible verses on the ramps so that Scripture will forever be a part of what we give away.
- Warehouse Team – This team serves behind the scenes by organizing and helping the donation team and keeping track of inventory. This is an integral part in almost every other ministry we have.
- Testimony Team – Do you like to take picture and/or video? This is the team for you. Come help us capture the moments on film as people serve. These are used to encourage others, chronicle the journey and share what God is doing.
Matthew 5:14-16 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.