Boots on the Ground is a hands-on ministry providing developmental relief to children, the elderly and disabled with essential needs.
Boots on the Ground has multiple service opportunities broken up into different teams. When you join our team, you will receive emails informing you of opportunities to serve in the area(s) of your interest. Each team focuses on a different part of the ministry.
On average, a project lasts 2-3 hours. We seek to stop at 4 hours no matter what. We ask that you commit to team up with us at least once a month if you can for a couple of hours.
- Anti-slip Team – This team applies anti-slip material as a follow up to previous ramp builds. This is a great opportunity to pray for those that we have already served if you feel led.
- Beds 4 Kids – The mission of this ministry is to work with the Noah Project and the CPS Care Portal. We want to provide a bed for any child who doesn’t have one. You can help by assisting us in putting these together. No special skills needed.
- Donations Ministry – We pick up donations and distribute them to those in need. We try hard to help others coming out of programs such as the Noah Project, New Beginnings, Hope Haven and others by making their transition easier as we donate needed items. You don’t need a truck, just a willing heart!
- Feed Team - This team feeds the physical and spiritual needs of the community in which we are serving.
- Houses for Healing - This team helps to care for the sick by providing low cost, temporary housing to those who are receiving long-term medical treatment away from home at our Beltway Tiny House. There are several serve opportunities within this ministry.
- House Parents
- Greeter Team
- Meals Team
- Cleaning Team
- Errands Team
- Maintenance Team
- Module Team - This team meets at one of two warehouse locations to put the frames for the ramp together prior to the ramp build. This is usually a 1-2 hour project that is a great time of fellowship.
- Pregnancy Resources Team – This is a twofold ministry. One Thursday a month we get together and pray over the staff and the building. This is 45 minutes of awesome intercession for those that serve mothers, fathers, and babies so faithfully. The second half of this ministry is to go in as needed to do minor maintenance needs around PRA.
- Ramp Build Team – These teams serve those with mobility issues to get in and our of their house by building a wheelchair ramp. No experience necessary.
- Testimony Team – Do you like to take picture and/or video? This is the team for you. Come help us capture the moments on film as people serve. These are used to encourage others, chronicle the journey and share what God is doing.
- Utility Team - This team helps to serve by installing grab bars or other safety related products, some basic weatherization to homes, and completing very minor home repairs.
- Warehouse Team – This team serves behind the scenes by organizing and helping the donation team and keeping track of inventory. This is an integral part in almost every other ministry we have.
- Yards for the Disabled – The Mission of this ministry is to bless the elderly and disabled by mowing their grass at least twice a month and praying for them as we serve.
- Beltway Prison Ministry - Our prison ministry opportunities include teaching classes at the Middleton Unit, involvement in both Kairos Outside and Kairos Inside, and visiting other prisons within the state with I Am Redeemed Ministries. For more information or to get involved please email us at:
- Kairos - The mission of the KAIROS PRISON MINISTRY is to share the transforming love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ to impact the hearts and lives of incarcerated men, women and youth, as well as their families, to become loving and productive citizens of their communities.
- Outside Opportunities - There are several ways to serve outside of the prison including stamping Bibles, intercession, and preparing food items that go into the prisons.
- Jail Ministry - There are also opportunities to minister to those in jail, including teaching various classes.
Matthew 5:14-16 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.