BELTWAY KIDS CAMP 2022
Registration Opening Soon!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When is Kids Camp?
Camp dates are June 6-10.
Where is Kids Camp?
We will be traveling to Bonita Park near Ruidoso, NM! See more about Bonita Park.
What is the cost?
Camp is $275 per camper. Registration requires a $100 non-refundable deposit to be complete. You may pay this when registering, and then just pay the balance ($175) before we leave for camp! We also have some great discounts for those coming as a counselor. If you're interested, make sure to ask one of us!
What ages go to Kids Camp?
We take students who have completed 2nd-5th grades (Spring 2022).
Can I apply to be a counselor?
We take our own team of counselors to camp - and would love to talk with you about going if you're interested! You don't have to be a member of Beltway Park. You can click on the registration link and choose Counselor Application. This will lead to an interview with one of our Children's Pastors, where we'll get to know you, run a background check, and help you understand what it looks like to be a counselor!
Is space limited at Kids Camp this year?
There are some limitations that we'll have to navigate, but we believe that we'll be able to take a great group to Kids Camp this year! Capacity limits are part of the system that New Mexico has in place, and currently Lincoln County (Bonita Park's location) is in a good place. That being said - don't wait to register!!
What about COVID?
We are in communication with Bonita Park and monitoring the guidelines that are in place in New Mexico as we make our plans. We will do our best to be honoring as we go to camp, but also believe that we'll be able to have reasonable expectations in place regarding these guidelines.
CURRENT 2ND-5TH GRADERS
Bonita Park, NM (near Ruidoso)
COST: $275.00 ($100 non-refundable deposit with registration)
WHAT TO BRING:
(Please label everything!!)
1. Sack lunch for trip to Bonita on Monday
2. Sleeping bag or twin sheets and pillow
3. One suitcase per child with clothing for 5 days:
* Shorts must be vertical credit card length above the knee (school dress code)
* Jeans, Sweatshirt, Jacket (in case it gets cool in evenings)
* Tennis shoes (NO SANDALS/FLIP FLOPS)
* Swimsuit (Girls - NO 2-piece; if you bring a 2-piece, you will be required to wear a dark t-shirt over it)
* It's helpful to pack each day’s clothing (w/socks & underwear) in individual zip-lock bags labeled for that day.
* 5th Graders: Bring one extra set of clothes & shoes that you can part with (for color war).
4. Other personal items:
* Two towels, toiletries, chapstick
* Sunscreen, bug spray, flashlight, camera
* NO curling irons
5. Bible, journal or notepad, pen or pencil
6. Minimal amount of spending money; we recommend no more than $20 for the week (kids have the opportunity to go to a small gift shop for souvenirs).
7. Medications to be given to our Camp Nurses
* Medicines labeled in baggies.
* Send just enough for the week if possible.
* Please separate medications for Monday’s bus trip from the rest of the week’s supplies.
8. Calling card (if you want your child to call home). In order to make best use of our time, we ask that calls be limited during the week. Please teach your child how to use their calling card before they go to camp.
9. Snacks in cabins are NOT allowed by Bonita Park staff!
* Kids will be encouraged to eat good meals (and drink plenty of water due to altitude) at mealtime.
* Snacks will be provided after every evening service.
10. No shaving cream, etc. for pranks!!
11. We will have Dramamine available for the bus trip in case we have anyone who deals with motion sickness.