Hey difference makers!
Thank you so much for showing the love of Jesus to our city! Below are some serve opportunities and practical ways we can BLESS our city and meet the needs of those that God puts in front of us. Right now, more than ever, our city needs to see the love of Jesus on display. We are excited to join with you and BLESS the people of Abilene and the Big Country area!
Let's encourage one another while we BLESS. Use the hashtags below, tag @beltwaypark, and share a photo and/or video of you, your family or community group as you BLESS others.
Ideas to Serve & BLESS
Gather your family or community group to prayer walk your street, neighborhood or school. Pray for some of the following:
- Ask the Lord to bless your neighbors (by name if you know them).
- Ask for salvation for those in this neighborhood/school.
- For protection from sickness, fear and harm.
SERVE YOUR NEIGHBORS
Bless our city by serving it. Scripture says that everyone has unique gifts, talents and passions. Any of these can be avenues to help people. All of these ways to serve are valuable to extending the Kingdom of God. These are just a few ideas to serve our neighbors in Abilene and the Big Country area.
- Mow a neighbor's lawn.
- Invite a family or a friend to your home for dinner.
- Bless a "first responder" with a thank you basket.
- Make cookies and deliver them to neighbors or co-workers.
- Pay for the car behind you in the drive-thru.
- Sign up for a Nextdoor acccount and download the app to learn more about people in your neighborhood, then offer to run errands for the elderly.
- Take out a neighbor's trash.
- Plan or participate in a neighborhood clean-up.
- Gift a store gift card to a neighbor.
- Shop for a senior/elderly.
- Send a pizza to a single parent and their kids.
- Invite a college student over for game night with your family.
- Purchase groceries for someone.
- Deliver a "Welcome to the Neighborhood" bag to a NEW neighbor or co-worker.